Fusion Student Ministry

Fusion Student Ministry
Fusion Student Ministry

Thursday, October 27, 2011

God is SO Good All The Time

I have a problem that I believe that I will never get over, let me explain.  I am a book junkie.  I have a stack of books that grows on a daily basis.  For each one I read, there is at least two that I add to the stack.  But my Mom from time to time brings me a book that she has read or she saw that she thinks I will like.  Normally, I just add them to the pile, but this last one I started just after I got it.  The book is entitled,  Innovate Church by Jonathan Falwell.  If that name sounds familiar, Jonathan is the son of Jerry Falwell.  Jonathan is the senior pastor of Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, Virginia.  Jonathan became senior pastor after his father went to be with the Lord.  Jonathan has been a staff member of Thomas Road for over 25 years, in about every position that you can think of.  The first four chapters are about leadership and as I began reading a Scripture verse popped into my head and then later he mentions that same verse.  The passage is 2 Corinthians 3:5, It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own, Our qualification comes from God. (NLT)  As I stopped and thought about this verse, how many times have I made excuses why I can't do something that the Lord commands.  I'm not smart enough, not enough education, people will make fun of me, etc.  The list of excuses could go on and on.  That verse tells me that whatever God wants me to do, He will provide the means and the way for me to do it.  God doesn't half way do it either, you will succeed with the help of the Lord. 

Make today the day that you will let God bless you by being who He wants you to be.
P.S.  Please remember my wife in your prayers, she is having surgery in the morning.  She will be on the disabled list until the first of the year.

Keeping Christ First
Billy Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment