Fusion Student Ministry

Fusion Student Ministry
Fusion Student Ministry

Friday, August 12, 2011

Why Do I Have To Suffer By Being A Follower of God

There is an amazing passage of Scripture that I think most can relate to in sometime in our life.  It is Psalm 73.  This is the Psalm of Asaph.  He opens up and shares with us what he is dealing with.  Asaph had the God-given talent to write and play music.  In II Chronicles 29:30, Asaph was recognized as a seer by King Hezekiah.  Asaph has a pure heart and followed the Lord.  But in Psalm 73, he is struggling with his walk.  He is looking at the wicked and venting about all the things that have, the things they are doing, the peace that seem to have.  They are carefree and wealthy.  He is feeling punished for doing the right thing.  But then he really sees that all of that will go away.  The life that they are living will end in destruction.  His tunes changes, he realizes that God is holding him in His right hand, protecting him.  God is guiding him and one day he will be with God.  Asaph says in verse 26-28,  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.  But as for me, it is good to be near God.  I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.  He sees that our reward is spending an eternity with our Lord.  Our purpose for being on this earth is to worship Him and tell others about Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment